NCWIT Academic Alliance: Seed Fund Award
Strategic Focus for 2021 Seed Fund
Recipients of the 2021 Seed Fund are eligible to receive $20,000 to implement and evaluate their project. We are seeking projects that support inclusivity in an online environment within your postsecondary computing and information technology programs. We welcome applications from all types of accredited institutions, including community colleges, minority-serving institutions, undergraduate-only institutions, and research institutions.
The principal investigator(s) and the institution must be from a non-profit, U.S. (including U.S. territories) institution that is a member of the NCWIT Academic Alliance as listed here: ncwit.org/aamembers. To join (membership is free), a faculty member should complete the online form by 11/02/2020: ncwit.org/aamembershipform.
Proposal Content and Formatting Requirements
You are required to provide us with the following descriptions of your project. Proposals must clearly explain the specifics of and rationale for the project. Proposals should utilize existing evidence-based practices or new practices that are grounded in theory or research. Proposals for programs aimed at pre-high school-age students will not be considered.
Prior to beginning the application, it is recommended you have these items ready to input for each of the two tasks:
- Task 1 Proposal Information
- Proposal Title
- Principal Investigator’s Name(s) and Email(s)
- Single Point of Contact and Email
- Institution and Department Name
- Proposal Summary (40 words)
- Project Description (500 words)
- Implementation Plan and Schedule (300 words)
- Evaluation Plan (300 words)
- Sustainability Plan (300 words)
- Budget Justification (300 words)
- Reference List of Published Research (including, if relevant, NCWIT resources ncwit.org/higheredresources) (300 words)
- Task 2 Upload Recommendation
- Signed one-page PDF letter of recommendation from the dean or department chair expressing their endorsement for the project idea, the PI’s ability to execute on it, and the way in which it fits into departmental priorities.
Details of what you will need to submit are also provided on the FAQ section of this webpage.
All applications are due 11/02/2020 at 11:59PM Mountain time.
Click the Register button to make an account if you haven't yet. If you already have an account, select Login and then click the green Apply button to start your application. You will be asked to name your application. Please begin with "SF2021R17" followed by your institution name as shown in the box.